Try this delicious Ancient Grain Freekeh Salad Recipe for yourself – created by Accredited Dietitian & Nutritionist – Vicki Ma.
Serves 4 | pre & cooking time 40 min
• 600g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, cut into 3cm pieces
• 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
• 120g (2/3 cup) Goodness Superfoods Wholegrain Freekeh, washed
• 100g chopped kale
• 80g semi-dried tomatoes
• 60g Greek feta, crumbed
• 30g (1/4 cup) chopped almonds
• olive oil spray
• salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on the prepared tray and spray with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Put freekeh and 2 ½ cup of water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat, before reducing heat and simmering for 20-25 minutes covered. Drain and set aside.
3. Spray frying pan with oil over medium heat. Add sugar snap peas and chopped kale and stir-fry for 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
4. Combine cooked freekeh, pumpkin, sugar snap peas, kale and semi-dried tomatoes in a large bowl. Toss together then top with crumbled feta and chopped almonds.
Delicious and Nutritious!