What are you cooking tonight?! Here is an amazing recipe idea using our supergrain Freekeh from blogger @cocohealth
Freekeh Salad with Roasted Vegetables, Toasted Seeds and Miso-Tahini Dressing!
1 cup Freekeh (uncooked)
1 bag greens (spinach/mixed lettuce)
1 sweet potato
1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
4 tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup tahini
1 tbsp miso paste
1/2 lemon, juiced
Salt + pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2 Cook 1 cup Freekeh according to the instructions on the box.
3. Whilst the freekeh is cooking, cut the sweet potato, eggplant and zucchini and lay on a tray lined with baking paper. Spray with oil of choice (I use coconut oil), and season all the vegetables with sea salt and paprika. On the sweet potato, add some cinnamon as well. Cook in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked. Keep checking to ensure they don’t burn.
4. Heat a pan over the stove and dry toast the seeds for a couple of minutes until they slightly brown. Remove from heat once lightly toasted to ensure they don’t burn.
5. In a bowl toss the greens, Freekeh, roasted vegetables, toasted seeds, chopped parsley and feta.
6. For the dressing, simply mix ingredients together and add water gradually until the dressing reaches a runny consistency.
Notes: For vegan, simply omit the feta. The salad would work great with added chicken or fish for extra protein.
Enjoy the Goodness!!