Enter Breakfast Parfait! This breakfast actually makes you think you are eating dessert at breakfast time, but, it’s actually really healthy. Nutritionally speaking, there are vitamins from fresh fruit, good amounts of protein from creamy yoghurt and all the fibre packed goodness from Goodness Superfoods Better for U! Barley Clusters. It has the added benefit of being pre-prepared, so you can enjoy your sleep, but the thought of it sitting in the fridge waiting do be consumed, means getting up in time for breakfast is an appealing option!
Thank you very much Joanna Baker, Nutritionist and Registered Nurse at Everyday Nutrition, for sharing the love for a healthy breakfast with us!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 30 minutes or over night
- 1 cup Goodness Superfoods, “Better for you! Barley clusters
- 1 cup fresh fruit (I used mango, raspberries an d blueberries)
- 1 cup vanilla yoghurt (I used Chobani 2% Coconut, because its my current fav)
- 2 teaspoons passionfruit pulp
- 2 large clean glasses
- Chop fruit (if necessary – berries are small enough already) into 1cm chunks.
- Place 1 tablespoon fruit (diced mango, raspberries & blueberries) in the bottom of the glass.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of yoghurt on top of the berries.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of Goodness Superfoods “Barley Clusters” on top of the yoghurt.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until glass is almost full.
- Top with a final tablespoon of yoghurt and a teaspoon of passionfruit.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes or overnight. The Barley Clusters will be crunchy to start with and soften the longer you leave in the fridge to chill, adjust this depending on you preference for a crunchier or softer cluster.
For more inspiration, please visit www.everydaynutrition.com.au