The beauty of making pizza is that you can use what you already have in the fridge to whip up a delicious lunch or dinner.
Pizza is a quick way to squeeze more veggie’s into a meal; for pizza perfection, add cheese and fresh herbs.
We recommend keeping a pack or two of Goodness Superfoods Wholegrain Barley wraps in the freezer ready for your next pizza night.
Try this recipe for delicious Moroccan Delight Pizza.
Ricotta cheese – 2 Tbsp
Sweet potato – ¼ medium sized sweet potato
Red onion – ¼ onion
Red capsicum – ¼ capsicum
Moroccan spice/ duukah – 1 Tbsp
Cheddar cheese, grated – ½ cup
Fresh mixed herbs, such as thyme, oregano, rosemary and/or basil – 1 Tbsp
Macadamia oil – 1 Tbsp
1. To prepare your pizza topping ingredients:
- Slice sweet potato into thin rounds and fry on a medium heat in a frying pan for approximately 5 minutes. Add a little macadamia oil to your pan before adding the sliced sweet potato to assist frying. Gently turn the sweet potato once so that both sides are cooked. Set aside.
- Dice red onion and capsicum.
- Chop fresh mixed herbs, or use dried herbs if you wish.
2. Prepare your pizza:
- Spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese on two Goodness Superfoods Wholegrain Barley Max Wraps.
- Place the cooked sweet potato rounds on the pizzas.
- Sprinkle the diced red onion and capsicum on the pizzas.
- Top the pizzas with grated cheddar cheese and fresh herbs.
- Cook your pizzas at 160 degrees °C for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and the wraps have become slightly browned and crunchy.
With compliments from Michelle Richardson, Goodness Superfoods team member