Any plans for baking on the weekend yet? Try this delicious combo into a loaf, muffins or both, and they are guaranteed to go down a treat.
With added Goodness of our Traditional Barley + Oats porridge!
• 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour (if self-raising wholemeal flour not available, add 1.5 teaspoon of baking
powder to 1 cup of wholemeal flour
• 1 cup Goodness Superfoods Traditional Barley + Oats porridge
• 1 cup dessicated coconut
• 1 cup low GI sugar (or caster sugar) (can use ½ cup caster sugar and ½ cup brown sugar)
• 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
• 1 egg (beaten)
• 1 tin coconut cream
1. Pre heat oven to 160°C fan forced or 170°C ordinary oven.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add mashed bananas and beaten egg. Mix well.
4. Add the coconut cream and bake in a prepared loaf tin (55 mins) or a muffin tray (20 mins) or until skewer comes out clean.
5. Serve warm
With compliments of our Research & Development Manager, Dr. Lakshmi Iyer.