These hot cross bun-inspired muffins are certainly tasty and are also a good source of fibre with the addition of Goodness Superfoods Heart 1st cereal.
Surprise your loved ones this Easter with something different!
Makes 12 muffins
- 3/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried sultanas
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup Goodness Superfoods Heart 1st cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C degrees. Spray a 12-hole muffin tray with canola oil.
2. Sift flour, bicarb soda and spices into a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, milk and sugar. Add to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Gently stir in the fruit.
4. Divide the mixture among the muffin cases, then bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
5. To make the icing, mix the icing sugar with a small amount of hot water to form a thick paste. Pipe crosses over the cooled muffins.