Do you like Anzac biscuits as much as we do? We love them and have developed a recipe that even includes the Goodness of BARLEYmax in them! By adding either Traditional or Quick Barley + Oats porridge to the biscuits, you can be sure that this treat foresees you with a lot of fibre!
• 1 cup plain flour, sifted
• 1/2 cup rolled oats
• 3/4 cup Goodness BARLEYmax + oats
• 1/2 cup caster sugar
• 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
• 2 tablespoons golden syrup or treacle
• 150g unsalted butter, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
• 2.5 Tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Place the flour, oats, Goodness BARLEYmax+Oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
2. In a small saucepan place the golden syrup and butter and stir over low heat until the butter has fully melted.
3. Mix the bicarb soda with 2.5 tablespoons water and add to the golden syrup mixture. It will bubble whilst you are stirring together so remove from the heat.
4. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined.
5. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly.
6. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
With many thanks to Lakshmi, our Product Development Manager.