Looking for a delicious and nutritious morning treat this winter? Try this recipe for Bircher muesli from Barley + Oats porridge. You can preferably add the Quick Barley + Oats porridge but the Traditional Barley + Oats is fine too. Also you can enjoy the goodness of the Fibre Boost Sprinkles in it. Having this breakfast will ensure you start off your day with a high fibre intake!
- 1 cup Barley + Oats porridge (preferably Quick, but Traditional is fine too)
- ¼ cup Goodness Fibre Boost Sprinkles
- 1 cup fresh apple juice or orange juice
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (sugar free is best)
- handful currants or sultanas
- handful chopped dried apricots
- a sprinkling of ground nutmeg
- a sprinkling of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, grated (skin on) to serve
- tablespoon melted butter, seasonal berries and chopped crispy almonds to serve
Combine the Barley + Oats porridge, Fibre Boost Sprinkles, juice, yoghurt, currants or sultanas, chopped apricots, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir together. Chill overnight.
To serve, stir in the grated apple, put into a bowl and garnish with melted butter, berries and crispy almonds