At Goodness Superfoods we like to try out new recipes! For a warm dessert this winter, our product development team suggests that you try out this ‘Apple Crumble with Heart 1st’ recipe.
5-6 medium sized cooking apples
Dash of lemon juice
0.5 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon butter
0.5 cup brown sugar
0.5 cup whole meal flour
1.5 cup of Goodness Superfoods Heart 1t
- Skin and slice apples thinly and arrange in concentric circles in a fruit flan or tart dish
- Sprinkle lemon juice and cinnamon powder
- In a medium sized bowl, cream butter and sugar, rub in the flour. Add Goodness Superfoods Heart 1st and mix well
- Cover the sliced apples with the mix
- Bake @ 180 0C (160 0C fan forced) for 25 minutes
- Serve warm with custard or ice cream
Apples can be replaced with pears.