A healthy breakfast is key to a good start to your day and provides you with essential nutrition and fuel. There is a reason the proverb “Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dine like a pauper” has stuck around but when you look at some cafe’s and hotel’s breakfast choices you wonder if you should really fill up.
No navigate breakfast buffets and eating out, here are some good tips:
- Opt for low GI wholegrain muesli and cereals
- Pass sticky danishes, muffins and croissants
- Ask for eggs poached or boiled
- Choose brown or wholegrain toast over white
- Go easy on processed and fatty meats such as bacon and sausages
- Include fresh fruit if possible
- Pancakes with low fat yoghurt or fruit are much better than topped with sugar, maple syrup or jam
- English muffins and bagels are good choices but watch what top them with
Do you have any other tips you would like to share? Have you found deliciuously healthy choice at one of your local cafes you’d like to share? Let us know!