These muffins made by Joanna use BARLEYmax and contain no butter or white flour – and they truly hit the mark! Joanna’s 5 year old rated them 150 out of 10.
- 2 cups Goodness Superfoods Barley+Oats 1st
- 1 cup wholewheat stoneground flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Logicane (low GI sugar)
- 1 egg, beaten with fork
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tb Australian extra virgin olive oil
- rind of 1/2 orange
- juice of an orange
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 2-3 pears, finely diced (leave skin on)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. In separate bowl mix the wet ingredients before adding to the dry mix. Combine well. Add a splash of milk if too dry (this will depend on consistency of yoghurt).
3. Gently mix through the fruit.
4. Spoon into muffin tin and bake in preheated oven at 180℃ for 30 minutes.
5. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out. Place onto wire rack to cool.
These muffins also freeze well – ideal for lunch boxes and snacks on the run.