This delicious and yet easy to make desert calls for:
•3 large cooking apples
• 3 pears
• 3 tablespoons water
• 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
• 1/4 cup self raising flour
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons rolled oats
• 1 tbsp cinnamon
• Sprinkle 3tbsp Heart 1st over the top
1. Set oven at 190°C.
2. Core apples and chop pears. Place in a pie dish with water.
3. Rub margarine into flour until mixture is crumbly. Mix in brown sugar and rolled oats. Sprinkle over apples and pears.
4. Bake until fruit is soft and top is golden. Cooking time varies with the depth of fruit and crumble.
5. Serve with low-fat custard.
6. To cook in the microwave: Microwave at step 2 on high for 8 minutes and then at step 4 on high for 6 minutes.